1984 500 sel please help me on this one

Hi all, hate to be a pain about the car, but I been thinking, maybe there is a simple reaon why the car is so starved for air that it is blowing black smoke, and it is the same reason that the vacuum line coming from the manifold will choke out the car if it is covered., Maybe the cold start valve is fine, just that the car airway is somehow blocked or stuck, so that the only air the manifold can get is thru that vacuum connection. A stuck Throttle valve ? I am kinda afraid to drive the car now , as I don't want to damage anything running it so rich on gas ... Thanks ahead, Jim

<benz831

Rich, yes.

But it could also be because it is getting too much gas.

It sounds like a stuck EHA (Electrohydraulic Actuator - the small rectangular unit on the back side of the fuel distributor).

Reply to
Jens

Reply to
<benz831