1985 380 SE Hood Material

When I had that problem the blanket had deteriorated and could not be reglued, so I removed it, bought a new blanket, and glued it with 3M

08088 trim adhesive. Alas, to do the job right, you have to remove the hood and > Hello,
Reply to
William Brown

I just did this on my '88 560 SEL. Removing & reinstalling the hood was not difficult at all (with one assistant helping out). Just a couple of clips and a couple bolts to remove. There was no issue with re-alignment or anything.

Tom Dolan Williamsburg, VA

1988 560SEL 1989 260E

And once the proud owner of a secondhand

1977 300D, 1979 240D, 1982 300D, & 1985 380SE
Reply to
Tom Dolan

Reply to
marlin

Hello,

Under the hood of my 380 SE there is a material I believe is to quite engine noise. The material is starting to fall off in the front onto the radiator fan. What can I use to re-attach the material to the hood?

Thanks,

Reply to
<wchaasiii

Yep... just replace it.

Reply to
Tiger

My local Mercedes wrecking yard Wreckomended (hehe) contact cement as an adhesive for this job... Just make sure to clean the hood thoroughly first...

Also, the 3M spray can stuff is probably the same material, but will go on lighter, which is some advantage.

marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph