I'm looking for anyone who can help with the removal of the rear door
panels of my 1985 380 SE. I can get most of the hardware off but unable
to remove the panel fully as it is secured around the window switch and
door handle. I want to replace the lower retaining arm.
It looks like I have a noisy lifter on the psngr side which will have
to be replaced as well, any idea on cost.
It sounds like we have a similar situation. I bought a 1985 380SE
recently that needed work. The right rear window will not go up (loose) and
I'll have to get that panel off too. I couldn't figure it out last night.
I'll watch this link to see how it's done. Some of my lifters are tapping a
bit too. I'll adjust them as soon as my manual arrives.
Message posted via CarKB.com
Thanks for your reply Carl,
My rear window will operate with the front controls only but not with
the back control unless....the door is a crack open and then it
operates. I suspect a cracked wire or ground problem.
I have a description for getting the door panel off from tiger and will
give it a try.
Not too hard at all...
1. Remove two screws on the top back corner of the windows to remove that
trim that hides a bit of the smaller rear window.
2. Remove the cover just behind the latch... use small screwdriver
3. Remove screw that is behind the latch.
4. remove the screw that is by upper door handle when you pull out the latch
unit a bit.
5. remove two screws on bottom of door handle...
6. Remove the light on bottom of door...
7. Remove door locking pin cover by the rear of the door where it latch to
8. Lift door panel upward and then outward.
9. Reverse order to install
Thanks for the help Tiger,
When you talk about the latch, do you mean the handle that operates the
Is the screw behnd that latch the one that holds the upper part of the
door handle in place?
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.