2: After the car is turned of 5-30 minutes after the ign. is on and the keys are in my pocket.

I was told the relays by the ECU fail often I have opened them up and cleaned them and checked circuit board everything looks good. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

LoBo

#1 possibly a defect in the "cold start" system - either the temperature sensor is defective and always ON or the electric cold start valve is stuck OPEN or,

engine's air filter is very dirty or air flow to filter or motor is restricted.

#2 I don't quite understand what you mean.

Motor is shut down, key is removed but 5 to 30 minutes later the ignition is ON (by itself)?

If that's the problem it could be due to a worn out ignition switch or defective (shorted) wiring harness.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach