Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing

I am in Australia and need some advice. A relation who has just died in USA has,as part of his estate, a Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing upon which the insurance is us $2000.00 for six (6) months. Based on this amount, what sort of value would the car have based upon this amount? Joey

Reply to
joey

In the U.S the 300SL Gullwings are usually priced in the U.S $250,000 price range. In Australia, 300SL Gullwings command in excess of $500,000+!

Reply to
CND

Yes, very likely. Low insurance premium probably because of restricted use and special (secure) storage such as a lock-up garage.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Is Insurance at $US2000.00 per 6 month period really considered to be 'low' in USA? joey

Reply to
joey

For most cars, no -- that would be exceedingly high for most cars and drivers.

For a rare or collectible car like the 300SL Gullwing, I don't believe that it's unusually high.

Reply to
Pete Stephenson

Someone loan me $250,000 and I'll cut you in ;-)

Reply to
CaptainW116

I'll get my cheque book out. :-D

Reply to
CND

Yes. USD 4K is low IMO for such a valuable car, for the reasons I have already mentioned.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

The Gull Wing is almost worthless in the States. I will take it off your hands for use as a door stop if you wish. Disregard the rest of these Bozos. A. Shister

Reply to
SW

You probably should have the car appraised by a professional... If you let us know where it is in the states, we might be able to point you to an appraiser?

Reply to
Martin Joseph