1990 560 SEC Heating Ac Control Unit

Question ! Will the AC control unit from a Generation 1 W126 ( 81-85 ) Chassis work on my Gen 2

Reply to
GM

They're different parts. Slightly different shape. Without looking at the schamatics I'd guess electrically they're the same but that is in fact a guess.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

NO.

81-85 has a separate blower control unit and separate temp control unit.

86 up pushbutton unit does not have them externally.

Reply to
Karl

Yabbut ya know what? The facia plate for both has the same part number so I suspect the spacing is exactly the same and knowing Mercedes (and the complexity of those circuits) It wouldn't surprise me if they left well enough alone and that the two connectors actually fit and worked.

Has anybody actually tried this?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I think it depend on the model and the market they were sold in new. I've seen both generations with either system.

Reply to
trade

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

He might be right.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Thanx for all your input guys, I was able to find a remanufactured unit out of an 88 for 67.50. Hope this and a new monovalve insert will cure all of my heating and AC problems.

Reply to
GM