1994 E320 Sedan, Check Engine Light

This light has been on for a few days so I replaced the OS. Car has 160,000 plus miles. When I check the code I get 2 short blinks at spot 2. I don't know what that means and I don't know how to reset it. Car runs ok. Can anyone help me

-- nash

View this thread:

Send from

nash

plus miles. When I check the code I get 2 short blinks at spot 2. I don't know what that means and I don't know how to reset it. Car runs ok. Can anyone help me?

Most likely a MB dealer could.

Reply to
James O'Riley

Search internet... I got those codes off the internet... I just can't find it now.

Reply to
Tiger

I couldn't find a direct link to the codes but I'm sure he will get a meaningful response via the MB Forums at:

There's an associated message at:

James O'Riley

Thanks Tiger and James. I used the links you provided and was able to resolve my problem. Help well appreciated. nas

-- nash

View this thread:

Send from

nash

Nash,

I believe that MB used both one and two digit flash codes (which is flashes separated by a pause). So it sounds like you are seeing either code two or code 11. The document I have says that for a 1994 104 engine code two is "Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit 1, open or short" and code 11 is "secondary air injection system, open or short".

Now if you want to get a better idea of what might be going on, some auto parts stores such as Autozone will check your OBDI for free.

To clear the faults do the following (copied from another site):

After eliminating a fault, the respective DTC readout must be cleared as follows: Press the PB for 3 to 5 seconds and read out the DTC. Then within

10 secs, press the PB for 8 to 9 seconds. Then turn the ignition off for 15 secs. Note the EACH DTC must be cleared INDIVIDUALLY! If the fault has been eliminated and its respective readout erased, the DTC will no longer be displayed when performing DTC readout

Josh

Reply to
Josh