406 radio problem

Hi all I have just purchased a 406 lx hdi 90 ac&sn All working fine bar the radio. Turn the volume up as high as it will go and you can hear it like its on volume 1. Same happens on sat nav voice . It seems like this is just a preamp type model pioneer pu 1646. I can't find a jbl amp in the boot anywhere so i assume there must be a peugeot type amp built in the car somewhere. Correct me if Im wrong and please help me find the amp if there is one as I dont think the pioneer is at fault.

Reply to
Neil

i HAVE A 406 LX & HAVE LOCKED THE STEREO BY PUTTING IN(Previous owner told us) WRONG CODE! PHONED PEUGEOT & THEY WANT TO CHARGE US 4 GETTING CODE ON A 10 YR OLD CAR(wot a rip off!!!) Can anyone help please?!!

-- linzee

View this thread:

Send from

linzee

Linzee,

You can get your radio code fairly easily from

for about =A36. I had to resort to this recently as I was never given the code with the car. You need to take the radio out first -- fairly easy operation with two smallish allen keys prodded into the holes either side of the radio -- to get its serial number which is printed on the side of the radio.

Another option is to call any of the dealers that have serviced the car in the past -- they may just be able to pull the code from their computer systems.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

buy a new radio

Christian

"linzee" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net...

us) WRONG CODE! PHONED PEUGEOT & THEY WANT TO CHARGE US 4 GETTING CODE ON A

10 YR OLD CAR(wot a rip off!!!) Can anyone help please?!!!
Reply to
Chris

Dear Graham, Thank u so much 4 ur advice! Worked a treat!! CHEERS! Linzee (406 Radio Code

-- linzee

View this thread:

Send from

linzee

Search on the internet for a crack

greets christian

"linzee" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net...

us) WRONG CODE! PHONED PEUGEOT & THEY WANT TO CHARGE US 4 GETTING CODE ON A

10 YR OLD CAR(wot a rip off!!!) Can anyone help please?!!!
Reply to
Chris

Try contacting the Garage who originally sold the car

I did and they gave me the Code.

Regards

Tony R

Reply to
G Streeter(RVG)

Glad to help. I only found the information in the first place by reading older messages on this group.

Reply to
Graham

Solution to lost code - Maybe..

(This sounds apocryphal, a traveller's tale, an urban myth, but I assure you it is not.)

A neighbour is a police officer, he was involved in the arrest of a chap caught stealing car radios. Back at the station he was asked why he stole them, as they cannot be of any use as they are coded. The felons' reply was that if you put them in a plastic bag, in the freezer, for 24 hours the code resets to the factory default once warmed up again. This makes sense, as all chips have an upper and lower temperature limit at which they work. As one of the chips holds the code freezing it could well make it lose its memory.

Reply to
Neil

Nope. Urban myth I'm afraid.

The chips are usually tested to -50C, and I'm guessing you don't have a freezer that cold. Also if you froze one that cold it wouldn't 'lose its memory' it would simply cease to work until it warmed up a bit again.

I can believe that some chav actually believed this though..

Tony

Reply to
Tony Hoyle