1997 S 420 Blower motor location please. A typical problem?

Hi everyone, I have a 1997 S420 with a blown blower motor. I got a new assembly on ebay really cheap. I would like to know where it is located. I think its underneath alot of stuff. I know there is the plastic cover over the carbin filter that is like 3 feet wide. Can I get some help on the location?

Also, is this a typical repair for these cars. feedback please?

Reply to
RobertSalmani

Under the long cover, remove 6 screws and a couple of vacuum lines. It is under the pass side.

But........ the blower motor RARELY is bad. 99 out of 100, it is the blower regulator on top of the motor that goes south. AND it goes south because people NEGLECT to replace the vent filter that sits on top of it. The filter is plugged, air flow stops, and the regulator overheats and frys from not getting cool air flow. Lack of maintenance will cost you. Like the old Fram commercial: "You can pay me now or you can pay me later."

Reply to
Karl

Well, this was a used car that I purchased last year and I do not use it much (long drives and weekends mostly). I know that it has that carbon filter cause my cadillac has one. Thanks so much for the information. Will work on it as soon as possible and report back.

Reply to
RobertSalmani