1999 230 kompressor

Hi folks,

I'd like commenst about this year and model from those that either own or have owned. Is it typically a reliable model? How would it compare to my 82 300SD for example...knowing they are two different animals altogether.

thanks

Reply to
Ontdaze

I have a 2000 C230K. I traded a new 330i BMW in for it; I liked the C230 that much. I did several comparison drives between a C230K, C230, C280 and C320; the C230K was lighter on its feet (quicker) than any of them, and the torque was virtually the same. It gets nearly 30 mpg and is great city car, trim and quick. The Tiptronic transmission is a bonus; the car is especially lithe on hills and winding roads (it holds a lower gear to keep control when going downhill until the car levels out), but that may be a MY2000 change. I'm 6'2" and 195 lbs; I have no trouble with headroom, legroom or comfortable driving in the smaller sedan body.

45,000 miles and not a single problem.

Reply to
Newsgroup Reader

Do you mean the 1999 SLK 230 Kompressor? I have one, and the only problem I ever had with it was a leak in the windshield washer reservoir. They told me it was a problem common to the SLK and one other 1999 Mercedes model, they sealed the joint with silicone, and I have never had a problem since.

I don't know how the car would compare to other Mercedes models; my previous car was a Honda Accord.

Reply to
John Cisarik

Hi , no I was refering to the C230 Kompressor but thanks for the reply just the same.

Reply to
Ontdaze

I have a 1999 C230K Sport, owned since new. It has 45k on the odomoter and I have not had a single problem with the car. Not one. The car has been absolutely bulletproof. I've had brakes done and new tires, routine maintenance. I'd highly recommend the car. Not sure how it would compare to your 22 year old 300SD other than the C-classl be smaller.

Reply to
rga