How to reset service reminder?

Hi...I have a C180 ......year 1999...( last of previous model ). I had it serviced by a non dealer mechanic, but he doesn't know how to re-set the service due indicator, which shows in the dash as a picture of a spanner and the number of miles due to the next service. Can anyone tell me how to clear this.?.....thanks.

Reply to
redhex1

I have a C180 year 2000 (Last of the old model) and on page 81 of the owners manual it says: To reset the service indicator: Turn the electronic key to position 2 in the steering lock and immediately press the 0 button twice within one second. Turn the electronic key back to position 0 in the steering lock. Press and hold the 0 button. Turn the electronic key to position 2 in the steering lock. Keep the 0 button pressed. The service indicator with the current remaining distance or remaining period appears. After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the service indicator with the new starting distance or starting time appears for about 10 seconds. Release the 0 button Hope this helps If you don't have a manual and want one, I can let you have one as I was given two.

Reply to
kipper

Do this with the driver's door completely closed. On some models, it doesn't work if the driver's door isn't shut completely.

Place your thumb over the 0 button (lowest of three buttons on the left edge of the instrument cluster, for dimming instrument panel - (+) (-) (0) - to get ready for the procedure:

  1. Thumb off the button, turn key in steering lock to position 2 (all instrument lights on, just before car is started).

  1. Within 4 seconds press button 0 twice and release. The present status for days or distance is displayed.

  2. Within 10 seconds turn key in steering lock back to Position 0 (normal car off).

  1. Press and hold button 0, then turn key in steering lock to position 2 again. Continue to hold button 0. The present status for days or distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button 0. After approximately 10 seconds a signal sounds, and the display shows 10,000 miles (Canada: 15,000 km).

Reply to
Newsgroup Reader

Reply to
redhex1