Opinions on the BMW 7 series 95 to 01?

Hello everyone!

I am looking at purchasing either a 740I or 740IL from the model year 1995 -

2001. I would love some feed back from those of you out there who either own or have experience with these cars. I have some questions.

What should I know when looking for a used one? What are differences between the models and years? What model and year would you recommend? How much should I budget (I am in British Columbia, Canada)

I'd Love to hear what everyone says before I buy. I currently own a 1989

525i and have had troubles with it from the start. However I do still like BMW though. I want to do it RIGHT this time. Thanks in advance everyone!

Mark

Reply to
Mark Amero

Mark, Take it out for a test drive - hard test drive. Push it to the limits and if it still holds together, consider buying it. If it has electric windows, open and close them at least a dozen times - if any of the windows thud when it opens or closes, it may be on its way out. I have owned a used 2000 740IL for just over a year and a half, and within the first nine months all four electric window motors went bad - thank God for the extended warranty - about $550US per window. Outside of that, my BMW still does the 150 mph it says on the speed-o-meter - very good form to release tons adrenaline. As much as possible

- and contrary to popular believe - take it to the nearest dealer for maintenance and check ups. I imagine you don't go to a proctologist for a sore throat, get the idea.

Good luck,

Ray Aust> Hello everyone!

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman