I bought this car as a dealer car in Dec 2002 and it has been relatively
good so far and the major repair costs have been electronics, CD player
and radio replacements.
However 2 days ago the check engine light came on, and a check lamp
status. So I took it in for the B service (status showed 1300 miles to go).
Here is a list of what they said was wrong. My question is 'Is this
this about average?'
1. Air mass motion sensor bad (and maybe the oxygen sensor) - the check
engine light ??--
2. One fog lamp to be replaced. However on the other side Broken
support bracket for the driver side fog lamp, though it still worked.
3. Fused tail light connection passenger side (whole unit to be replaced)
4. Transmission leak to the drive shaft. Bad seal to be fixed
5. Another transmission leak where the electronic shift detector leads
out - requires dropping the pan so a whole transmission service.
6. 1 front bushing cracked, so will replace both
All told this service will be about $4000 and he may still have to
change the oxygen sensor if the engine codes remain bad.
So is this the size of service bills that I can expect every 10K - 20K