2005 ML350 - Aux fan runs when engine off / drains battery

A month ago after driving for only 30 minutes or so, parked in my garage and an hour or so later went back to investigate a noise. The aux fan on my 2005 ML350 was still running.

I started the car and turned it off again, then after a minute or so the fan went off. A week ago, got in to go home from work and the battery barely had enough juice to turn over the engine and would not start the vehicle. Got a jump, drove home and the aux fan kept running

- again. I had to disconnect the harness to stop it.

I have been driving around for now with the aux fans disconnected -- have not changed or charged the battery -- and everything seems to be fine. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Will leaving the aux fans disconnected lead to more serious problems? The car does not seem to be running hot or anything like that...

Reply to
Al Gore

AL GORE. ML 2005. Still under warranty. take to dealer to investigate. Possible bad relay or updated control module. There may be a diag. bulletin for this problem, but disconnecting aux. fan and keeping it disconnected is probably not a good idea. Will look at MBZ bulletins and post with-in the week.......

Reply to
WRENCHER