Loosing engine power in a 92 W124

Having a W124 (300 Turbo Diesel) from 92. After a rutine service check. Oil change, Air filter asf the car seemend nearly numb on the speeder. The usual roar of power in the har been replaced by a feeling that the engine doesn't get enough full or the wrong mixture. The garage (certified Mercedes) has tested afterwards but can not tell what should be wrong. Niether do they acknowlegde to experience a power loss. As they say: "It's and old car.. relax!"

Since it has only gone 280.000 km. I do think I am entitled to experience the Diesel power for a little longer!

Any idears to the cause of this?

Best regards Chris

Reply to
cllan

Sounds like a vacuum line issue or engine wiring harness issue. If they did a full tune they may have messed up something in there. The Mas sensor and and such could cause it also.

Reply to
macdrone

This answer may apply to your car's motor.

Older M-B diesels sense the turbocharger's boost pressure and add some extra fuel so the car accelerates more quickly. This is done by a thin plastic tube that's connected to the motor's intake manifold; its other end is connected to a device on the motor's injection pump. The tube's intake end sometimes gets plugged with dirt and acceleration suffers.

Suggest you look at the rear end of the motor's intake manifold to locate this tube and follow it to the injection pump. The tube may be disconnected somewhere or broken.

Remember, this suggestion is based on older engines, your motor may be different and therefore my suggestion will not apply.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach