Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'85 300TD starert not turning
OK, my good old 300TD was having difficulty shutting down and I determined that the vacuum system had a leak. In the process of trouble shooting this I had to restart the car multiple times. One time...
3
3

Re: 300td turbo tranny probs
That is a leaking clutch pack seal... No way around... does it slip in between all gear? or it is slipping when you first accelerate?
6
6

Trouble codes for 2000 S500?
I have a 2000 S500 and was wondering if there would be any trouble codes displayed or anything else if there was a problem with the airmatic suspension? I think it's probably fine but it seems like...
2
2

1985 300TD, how to check if turbo is kicking in
My 1985 300TD seems to lack the acceleration it once had - I do not feel the turbo come on at 2,000 rpm like before. Is there a way to test the system to see if it is working? Thanks, Don
1
1

1990 300E water pump replacement
How big a task is changing out the water pump on my 1990 300E? Anything special I need to know? Thanks, Don
2
2

Fin bodies are sometimes called Hackelfleck, or sumpm.
What's that in German?
5
5

Mercedes 190e cutting out
Hello, as my merc 190e 2.0 auto was ticking over it suddenly cut out without warning, not even a splutter. Could not start it at all after that. 24 hours later i tried it and it fired up and cut out a...
4
4

Mercedes Benz (Australian Compliance) 1984 w126 280 se
hi all, i Have a 280 se w126 which has deveoloped a leak in the real seal of the left rear shosck absorber, looked everywhere for a manual...even to purchase, so i can change both rear absorbers out,...
1
1

Alarm going off on its own??
Here is another problem with my gem(1994 e420). Alarm will go off on its own and I have to run outside and turn door lock to shut it off. Whether this is related or not: when I turn the door...
2
2

Electrical vs mechanical speedo
I put a turbodiesel engine + transmission off a 83 300SD in my 75 300D. As a result, my original speedo does not talk to the transmission sending unit. I do have a speedo off that 300SD. Heck I also...

Dash Light Problems revisited
Hi,This is a repost which I hope is ok, basically the lights in the instrument cluster on my 1987 W126 300SE do not seem to work, neither does the light that would normally illuminate the gear lever....
2
2

Dash lights revisited
Hi, the lights in the instrument cluster on my 1987 W126 300SE do not seem to work, neither does the light that would normally illuminate the gear lever. The reostat makes no difference and there is a...

500 SEL, '93
Greetings group members, do any of you have CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS regarding the purchase of a 1993 500 SEL, good condition, most of its life in the Southern USA, less than 75000 miles, garaged, KBB...
4
4

Phoenix area MB mechanics?
Does anybody have any recent experiences with MB mechanics in the Phoenix area? My '02 C230k Sport Coupe went in for its first-ever out-of-warranty regularly-scheduled service today, and of course,...

CDN US price differential
Can anyone take a stab at why the '07 E320 CDI base price is US$51k in the US and CDN$67.5 in Canada, with the exchange rate around 10% and has every sign of being stable, if not decreasing in the...
3
3