Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

a/c repair or installation
I have a'79 MB 240d. Someone removed the ac compressor prior to my purchasing it. What do I need to get the ac running again? j.
1
1

c200
is c200 powerful
1
1

Location of fusible link 1980 450sl
I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where the fusible link for my fuel pump is. I have a 1980 450sl and it is ready to go except for this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
3
3

SL500 Cosmetic changes
Are there any major changes between 2004 and 2006 I am thinking of buying a 2004 AMG and I love the lines of the SL500 2006 . Are there any major external differences between the 2 ? Thanks John
3
3

Does Mercedes still make a Wagon
Hi All, Does Mercedes still make a Wagon? If so, what model numbers? TIA .....t
17
17

560SL smoking
My 86 560SL with 133k miles emits a good sized puff of exhaust smoke after sitting at idle for a few minutes when accelerating. Would this be valve stem seals? Is there way to tell?
4
4

560SEC
Were any of the late model 560sec's aluminum V-8 engines equiped with full electronic fuel injection?
1
1

Looking for Joseph McCambridge
Greetings all, I'm trying to locate a top M/B mechanic named Joseph McCambridge in Suffolk county, NY. He had a shop called "Mount Siani Motor Werks". He is the only mechanic I trusted to work on my...

My car dies after 15 min. Continues Please Help
Okay, I just bought this 1986 190e because it belonged to Rockafella. I had planned on restoring it to original but have been challanged to keep it running. Previously I had mentioned the car dies...
3
3

300 SD wont start sometimes
I have an awsome 1983 300SD with 200k. About a month ago I drove 20 miles in 100 degree heat, turned off the engine and ten minutes later it wouldnt start. No sound or turning of any kind. I replaced...
9
9

Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55
Which of the above is the best roadster? What do people think? Here's a Russian article. Can anyone translate this. 'm not sure which one I'd choose. I probably lean towards the Z4 M, but Boxster S...
109
109

valve adjustment required on 1980 280 CE
Is it indeed true that the DOHC 6cyl in my 280CE requires valve adjustment periodically? Thank you.
2
2

300 diesel vs. 300 turbo diesel
Any opinions of the relative power / performance differences between a turbo model and a non turbo model. Both with the 300 (6 cyl) diesel. I have found a nice 300TD wagon in Germany with low km and...
15
15

Air Sensor
My non-dealer MB shop says my 2000 S-430 needs to have its "air sensor" replaced, for about $400. I asked is that were the same as the O2 sensor, and they said no. Make sense? What if I don't replace...
2
2

the Selina Kyle of the auto industry
' Covetable New Coupe Dan Lienert, 07.07.06, 12:30 AM ET Mercedes is the Selina Kyle of the auto industry. Kyle, Michelle Pfeiffer's character in the 1992 film Batman Returns, metamorphoses from a...
4
4