300e Windshield Washer Hose

All,

Trying to find a replacement hose for my 89 300E's Windshiled washer hose (to the windshilds sprayers). Mine has a hole in it and both wires and the small wound ground wire are all broken, so no squirty. I was abble to seal the hole, and repair two of the wires, but the thin wire that is wound around the fiber string doesn't want to accept solder without continually breaking.

The part seems real hard to find. Anyone got any other sources? Not sure if the dealer is cost prohibitive.

Thom

1989 300E 250,075 miles
Reply to
Thom

The squirty thing on the hood is cheap enough at dealer...The wire is not part of the hose... it is separate so just change a new one.

Reply to
Tiger

I wish that were true. This hose has the wires INSIDE it. There is the clear hose, covered by thick rubber that has the two wires and the wire wrapped string incased in it. I wonder if I can replace the hose with standard hose, and run new wire for the sprayers?

Reply to
Thom

Take a look...

Tiger

I have seen the sprayers. I need to know what the wires inside the washer hose are for. If they are not needed, then I can get some aftermarket hose.

Reply to
Thom

They are for heating the hose, to prevent freezing. If you are not living in a very cold place you can replace them with normal hoses.

Rob

Reply to
RobP

Cool. It does get real cold here in Indianapolis, but not below

20below, which is the freezing point of the fluid I use.

THanks.

Reply to
Thom

That doesn't even warrent putting on a sweater here in Canada.

-45 baby. F or C doensn't matter at that temperature (they're the same).

There's a nice lady down the road that makes her own acrtic windshield wiper fluid. The police must like it and use it because they're always there.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Are you sure that is the reason they are always there? hehe

I was hoping the wires were for heating. Now I can cut the bad portion out and splice it with standard hose.

I am originally from Arizona, so when it hit's 0 here, that is friggin' cold. -45, time to move south.

Reply to
Thom

Right, Luxury! Now we had it cold. -75C in the morning if it was a balmy day and we were lucky enough not to have a 100km/hr gale blowing at full strength .... bringing wind chill down to beow -100C.

cheers, guenter .... up north somewhere

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Bah. When I was a kid we dreamed of -100. Absolute zero that's what we'd wake up to, and down a quick cup of liquid nitrogen to warm up.

Those were the days.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

..... and you wonder why the kids today won't believe you. Enjoy your Chateau le Chatole

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz