300E: Wont start. Please Help me, please

Hello everyone.... I hope you guys can help me with this... Its a 300E... When I turn the key I hear no hissing noise from the ass end of the car. The car fired over on a tiny bit of fluid for 2 seconds then died. Is it the pump or is it the "fuel pump relay?" How hard is the new pump to install? Thanks-Charles

Reply to
Chuckyg

So you believe there's no fuel being pumped to the engine and wonder whether the relay or the pump is at fault.

Someone will be able to tell you how to "jump" the relay's socket and so power (and test) the pump.

Unfortunately I don't know that trick. Suggest you post another question: "How to jump the fuel pump relay"

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

It's extremely likely to be the fuel relay... I've had the same problem as you describe. The relay is behind the battery.

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz