97 Stang wont start

OK long story short, I replaced the clutch in my 97 GT yesterday. I fired it up and drove it around the block. Everything seemed ok until I got back in the driveway, it just stalled out. I kept attempting to fire her back up and she was acting like she wasnt getting any gas. I also noticed the THEFT light flashing when I was trying to crank it. But the THEFT light doesnt come on with the car off. Also I dont hear the fuel pump making any noise when I turn the key to the ON settring anymore. Anyone have any ideas as to my problem? I hope this isnt a failed fuel pump.

Greg

Reply to
D1sfunct1onal

An easy thing to check is the fuel cutoff switch in your trunk. See if it needs resetting.

Reply to
Karmen Farkas

Ok after some digging trying to figure out what the flashing THEFT light code was I find "Faulty link between PATS module and EECV". Greta now where might one find that is my question or is this a trip to the dealer?

Greg

Reply to
D1sfunct1onal

Check fuses 16 and 18. (fuse panel layout on page 180-181 of your owner's manual)

Removal of the PATS module (from the Ford service cd)

  1. Disconnect battery ground cable
  2. Remove driver side knee bolster to access passive anti-theft system module located to right of fuse junction panel.
  3. Remove three fasteners retaining module and bracket and one fastener attaching metal brace near module.
  4. Disconnect main wiring harness connector and remove passive anti-theft system module and mounting bracket.

I do have a PDF of the service steps from the section labeled "NO COMMUNICATION WITH PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM (PATS) CONTROL MODULE"

It basically checks the circuits to/from the PATS module (you'll need a volt/ohmmeter)...and should tell if the module is most likely bad. It's a little bey>Ok after some digging trying to figure out what the flashing THEFT light

Reply to
Dinsdale

I would appreciate it if you could email me the pdf. snipped-for-privacy@starband.net

Greg