4 wheel drive questions/reliability of vehicles

Hmm....what's missing: "crashed into"? or "bought"?

;-)

Reply to
daytripper

"Was hit by"

Reply to
Victor Bazarov

lmao ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

The S Class does spoil one regarding interior room and fittings. I just got back from looking at an Audi 2.7 T A6. I like it a lot for what it appears it will do, but I thought it gave up a lot on interior fit and finish. The A8 is much closer, if not better than the S Class, but new they are just as expensive as a new S-Class, which makes it more expensive than I was looking for. I think I'll just look at all of the recommendations, test drive a few, and see where I'm headed. I still have plenty of time left on the Explorer lease, and I own the S-Class. I also understand from the Audi sales person (Victor) that a new Audi A-6 is coming out next year. Don't know the changes yet.

Reply to
REInvestments

What exactly didn't please you about the interior fit and finish? It sure doesn't compare to my E320, but still pretty damn nice.

The A8 is much closer, if not better than

What about a used A8? If bought from a dealer it may qualify for the Audi pre-owned program with the extended warrinty.

I think I'll just look at

I think you will fall in love with the E-Class Mercedes!

Dan Manning

There is more wood and more leather in the S Class, and I prefer a wood surround to the automatic stick shift over a shiny aluminum piece. However, I was very pleasantly surprised at the room in the rear of the Audi 2.7T A6, which I think may be greater than the leg space in the E Class Mercedes.

Also, the engine gets the car from 0 - 60 faster than in the V-8, and is livlier according to reports.

Yes, that is a possibility. But I actually think that the A6 seems like the livelier car. Lighter, a bit shorter without losing enough leg room for rear seat passengers, and a bit more of an aggressive stance.

I'm going to drive one. However, similarly equipped A 2.7T all wheel Audi, and E-500 (to even up the 0-60 times) Mercedes are over $ 15,000 apart on price.

I could actually be pretty happy in any of these cars. They are all very, very nice.

Reply to
REInvestments

My suggestion, for what that's worth, is to get off the computer and go drive around in all these cars. Keep them overnight and drive your wife around in them if you can arrange it. When I bought my E430 I speculated and reasoned for weeks. Then I drove the Acura TL and RL, the Jaguar XJ and X-Type, the Lexus LS and ES, the Lincoln LS, the BMW 5 and 7 series, and the Benz E and S-Class. The decision was very clear in my mind after driving them all. They all had their good points, but only the V8 E-Class had everything I was after. You will find that many of them can be eliminated by doing this.

MC

Reply to
Mark Conklin

If you like wood I can think of no other car for you than the Jaguar XJ6/XJ8/XJR!

The E Class is also a much bigger car, both longer and wider.

Correct...the 4.2 has been dubbed "the slowest 300hp on the market". 0-60 for the 2.7T is a brisk 6 seconds.

The A8 is definitely not a Sportster, I found the A6 to be as close to a sports car with four doors that you can find, along with the BMW 5 series.

If price is a big factor, look at a few year old E430 that has the starmark warranty...it will be just as good as a new one.

Reply to
Dan Manning