110 - No Front Dampers

I took my 110 V8 in to work today, and immediately remembered that last time I drove it seemed a bit odd. Have found I have no damping on the front suspension AT ALL ! It felt a bit like a floaty bus ride until it hit a bit of bad road on a corner when it bounced sideways at an alarming rate.

You sure do need dampers!

I am amazed that both have gone at once. I can jump on the front bumper and it simply pogos up and down about 5 times - no doubt about the diagnosis. Maybe the failure of one overloaded the other, but I don't have anti roll bars, so I don't see why. The turrets are still in place, the dampers haven't been stolen and don't look oily.

Its one of those strange Landrovery things I suppose. This weekend (weather permitting), all will be revealed.

Anyone know who does galvanised turrets, and best value dampers ??

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

On or around Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:05:32 -0800 (PST), Cheshire Steve enlightened us thusly:

Llama 4x4 did some nice open-sided turrets, so you don't have to get the turret off next time.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've maybe seen those, made from heavy steel and galvanised too.

Whilst on the subject of One Tens, has anyone got one for sale in the north west? I know someone who wants one, 110" CSW as he has a few kids.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thanks for the info - LLama are not to far away either. Tomorrow I'll have a look and figure out what the devil has gone wrong.

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve