560SEL A/C and O2 sensor

AC blows warmer than cool. I assume it is R12. Saw a kit at Autozone for $50 for the conversion. Or should I take the beast to a shop for a recharge? Should I stick with Bosch at $130 or buy a generic for $25? Big price spread, Bosch is warranted for 1 yr. its for a 91 560SEL I bought on ebay. Car needs lot of TLC(parts, money, and time... Not quite as nice as advertised. TIA. Regards, Rob

Reply to
robrjt

The first problem is at the very least, if it's low, then it must have a leak that needs to be found and fixed. A while back, R12 was way more expensive, so it made more sense to convert. More recently, I've heard that it's come down so that it may make more sense to continue using R12. When you switch, you do lose some cooling capacity, maybe 20% or so. In my 300SD, it made a noticeable difference. Given that it's a car that is new to you, I'd take it to a good repair shop to find out exactly what it needs.

I don;t have any direct experince with the O2 sensor, but my experience with most aftermarket parts has been that they are OK and for the price diff above, I know what I would do.

its for a 91 560SEL I bought on

Reply to
trader4

Do you see any conversion fitting on the AC line?

Reply to
Tiger

I have not checked. As usual, El Tigre is an excellent source for us benz drivers! I saw the kits come with the adapters. Thanks Tiger!

Reply to
robrjt