My first Benz

Greetings all. Well, in my time I've owned 2 Audis and 8 Volkswagens. My dad being a young man in Germany apprenticed at Mercedes-Benz as an auto upholsterer so he knew how good the cars were. Well, he told me time and time again if I insist on buying used, buy a Benz because of the reliability. My time has come. I just bought an 89 300E off Ebay with 128,000 miles and am looking forward to driving it home in a couple weeks. Anyone have any suggestions? Mainly I'm looking for good 300E links on the web. Thanks so much, and I'm sure I'll have questions later. :)

- Johnny

Reply to
Magnus

Welcome.

There are some BBs, sites and this NG that can help acclimate you to M-B ownership.

Look at

for a start.

Do a few Google searches for Mercedes-Benz parts, for instance. One site leads to another.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Congratulations! I purchased my 91 300CE on eBay as well. My only suggestion is to find a reputable MB mechanic and have it checked out for any problems after you get it home. This is something I wish I had done before I was stuck with a $1000+ repair.

Reply to
Ben

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated! Yeah. I have to go for an inspection so I'll take it to a reputable place and see the news. God I hope its in decent shape. :) He tells me the only problem is the mirror. I finally got to speak to him on the phone tonight and says its been well maintained and runs really well with no oil leaks. I have a 1750 mile drive home, so I'm putting in new spark plugs before I leave. Bosch of course. I want optimum mileage. :)

Reply to
Magnus

Reply to
marlinspike