81 300td - loss of mpg...

Went from ~22 down to ~19 - plus sort of a rough idle. This is a rebuilt engine with about 10K miles (according to the previous owner, but the rebuild was also about 8 years ago and the car was sitting in a garage). Bought the car in March, about September noticed the mileage going down and a seemingly rougher idle than I remembered.

Any ideas?

Reply to
tweaks

Assuming tires are correctly inflated, this engine should deliver about

24 mpg in 15 to 20 mile commute driving, some freeway some city.

If tires are correctly inflated, I suggest you adjust the valves and add injector cleaner to the fuel.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thanks! I'll have to roll up the old sleeves and try to figger it out!

Reply to
tweaks