'82 300CD-T Rear Rubber Bumper Pad Replacement

The rubber pad on the rear bumper of my '82 300CD-T has lost its ability to stay attached, and I have some questions about replacing it. When the bad pad is removed, the driver's side of my bumper has "female" slots for the "male" protrusions of the rubber pad, some of which have broken off (hence the problem), but the passenger side of the bumper has a white plastic strip that is meant to go inside the channel of the rubber bumper pad. In looking at replacement bumper pads on MercedesSource, I don't see the "male" protrusions on the driver's side pad, just the channel for fitting over the white plastic strip. Is it normal that the pad attaches differently on one half of the bumper than the other?

Reply to
eyeball kid

eyeball kid

There is a lot of stuff here for MBZs: