84 190e magnetic clutch bad, operate on elec fan only?

i was replacing the water pump on my son's 190e and in disconnecting the magnetic clutch, the phanallic[sp] the plugin came out of the clutch instead of unhooking. 1. can it be repaired to work? 2. can car operate ok on just elec fan? 3. i used a pully puller to get it off the pump, came off quite easily, how to get new one back on? just press in maybe vise? use bolts to block to pull on? thanks.. -gary

Reply to
zdilly/gary

No, you cannot run engine without that fan. I'll check my part car to see if it is available. They are expensive to buy.

Reply to
Tiger