Fan/Clutch Assembly on 99 Jimmy

I am trying to change the water pump on a 99 jimmy, I took off the bolts holding on the pulley thinking they were for the fan/clutch, but they werent. so how do I get the fan off? On the shaft there is what looks like a place were I could possibly put a 19mm wrench to turn it, but I'm not sure.

Reply to
Adam

This Jimmy has the 4.3 not the 2.2

Reply to
Adam

Hey Adam, fix those bearings yet? I think you need to get a special pulley puller (you can rent one from Autozone) to take off the fan or any other pulley on that engine. You will also use it to put it back on.

Reply to
John Manner

That Big Nut has to be turned to take off your Fan/Clutch...You might need to give it a good hit on the wrench with a hammer Good Luck

Reply to
Wayne