89 300E IGNITION PROBLEMS

I HAVE 89' 300E...AND I WAS WONDERING WOULD THE WHOLE IGNITION FROM A 88'

260E WORK IN MINE.. I DONT WANT TO GO DIRECTLY TO MERCEDES AND BUY A NEW ONE CAUSE IT WOULD COST $300.AND I REALLY DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT.OR IF THE IGNITION FROM THE 260E DOESNT WORK.. COULD I PUT AN UNIVERSAL IGNITION SWITCH WITH A STARTER BUTTON IN MY CAR..I HAVE THE MANUAL AND DIAGRAMS..BUT I DONT WANNA BUY THE UNIVERSAL ONE UNLESS I KNOW IT COULD WORK.. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING!!
Reply to
kodey31869