94 SL600 Bose Problem

The Bose system doesn't work when it's cold outside. the receiver turns on, you can switch channels and such, the power antenna will not extend and the amplifier will not work (no sound at all). Any clues?

Reply to
STEVE BROOKS

"STEVE BROOKS" wrote in news:FEWUe.7009$e96.5332@trndny09:

Bose is garbage. Get a real stereo.

Reply to
OlBlueEyes

In repect of car stereos only, or also home hi-fi, do you think?

(I have seen opposing opinions.)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

So what do you expect from an 11 year old car sound system. Especially in a roadster. Do you expect everything to last forever. Personally I have had good luck with Bose products both in my home and cars. The only problem I had was with a 92 Corvette Bose system where the amps in the front door speakers failed. I sent these into Bose and they rebuilt these speakers and amps for me at a realtively low cost as part of their customer satisfaction program. I have not had as good luck with Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer products for the long term (more than five years).

As far as the symptoms mentioned it appears the fault lies with the power switch within the radio itself. Should be an inexpensive repair.

Peter

(Bose is Great)

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek