95 e320 wagon climate control failure

The climate control system on my 95 e320 wagon has given up or at least it did today as it also did a week ago. The blower has ceased to function, but on an intermittent basis. Originally thought it was a fuse that had blown, but in checking them, they seem fine. The following day, the system was fully operational. Two days later, it stopped again and restarted a couple of days later. The actual heating and AC systems appear to be working--can feel either cool or warm air pass through when doing freeway driving. Suspect there is some type of short in the blower or faulty connection. Does anyone have any recommendations where to start looking for a short or other ideas what may be the cause? Final hint, the failures have all been on warmer than normal days--making the lack of AC that much more missed.

Reply to
morris

Temperature-sensitive switch designed to protect blower? look direct on blower motor, on brushes.

Reply to
lule_220

Your blower motor needs to be replaced. It is located in front of windshield... located under those windshield drain.

Reply to
Tiger

Don't just check the fuse...replace it. I had a Power window mystery on my SL320 where a fuse would look and check out as good but open under a load. Peter

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek