accelerate unintentionally after changed mass air flow sensor

Hi, My 2000VW Golf (2.0) showed a "check engine" signal. Have it repaired by a dealer two weeks ago. Fortunately it is still under warranty. The mass air
flow sensor was changed. Since then, there is unpredictable speedup when I drive it. It seems like that the engine accelates suddenly for one or half second when dirven at 40km/hr. Then it goes back to normal. It happened twice in 10 km when I drove it to home after it was repaired. It did not decrease after two weeks.
I am a new drive. It is difficult to illustrate this problem to the dealer because it does not happen all the time. Is there any expert who can give me some idea what the problem is and how I can deal with that?
Thank you very much.
James snipped-for-privacy@interchange.ubc.ca
You might want to ask in the watercooled group.
Cheers, Walt
WJ wrote:

Or, if all the unnecessary electrical gizmos of the watercooled care keep you puzzled and in misery, go ahead and turn over to the... bright side of life. Get an aircooled VW.
Jan
Jan Andersson wrote:

We are very friendly here. Please don't go. Wait -- come back. We are not finished being very friendly.
--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 VW Type 2 -- the Wonderbus (AKA the Saunabus in summer)

For some reason that made me think of "Mars Attacks" (We come in peace!)
Max
--
http:/www.MaxWelton.net/
http://www.VWPSteve.com /

I've got a Jetta in my garage right now... Might have to take it out tomorrow and see what it can do... *rubs hands together evilly*
--
Less drivel, more Dremel.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,

Uh oh....this can't be good. ;-)
~Anthony
Shaggie wrote:

Bought a bag full of spray paint yet?