97 E420 Factory Installed TELEPHONE

Hey Guys,

I purchased a 97 E420 last November and it came with an installed TELEPHONE.

I'm interested in removing the PHONE and wonder if anyone know of any problems I might run into and REGRET?

I figure to put that space (in 2 places) to better use.

Thanks in advance.

Hez of the Pacific NW

Reply to
boltons

What alternatives do you have for hands-free phoning?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I can think of about 1000 off hand.

Any modern cell with a headset for one.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

No cell phone company that I know of still supports the analog phones. Peter

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek

I didn't think it was necessarily analogue. You could ne right, though.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

This has been a big problem for a lot of owners. The systems have to be modified. Take a look at

1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic

Dori A Schmetterl> I didn't think it was necessarily analogue. You could ne right, though. >

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

Interesting device. An analogue phone on a 1997 car can only be an 'American' problem, though I think that Merc was offering screwed-to-the-car phones even here (Europe) until just a few years ago (maybe even now???).

Whilst we are not quite so restricted as regards handset models, there are limitations. When I took delivery my car in 2001 the cradle could take a whole string of popular Nokia phones, including mine. About a year later I lost it and bought a newer model (the ubiquitous and excellent 6310i), which did not work although it was part of the 6000 range, all of which were supposed to. (My dealer upgraded the software and changed the cradle under warranty....)

The answer must be Bluetooth or something similar, as phone models are proliferating like rabbits, now that the have become a commodity.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling