A continuing sizzle from the interior lighting cover of my C180

My car is '97 C180. Recently, when the engine is started, a continuing sizzle comes out from the interior lighting cover, the sizzle won't stop until the engine is off. I shall be grateful is someone could tell me what is wrong and how to fix it? Many thanks in advance!

Reply to
simonchan via CarKB.com

Could it be the fan for the AC sensor? Cleaning, perhaps only with a vacuum cleaner could be sufficient.

Reply to
Me

Thanks a lot for your message, Me!

Could you tell me how I can locate the fan for the AC (air-conditioning?) sensor?

Thanks aga>> My car is '97 C180.

Reply to
simonchan via CarKB.com

I think the other poster is right and that it is the sampling fan for the A/C. Take a look at this thread for good information:

There are other good threads on this around the net.

Doug

Reply to
-