The remote control of my '97 C180 doesn't work

I have a problem right now, and hope someone out there can help me. The remote control of my '97 C180 doesn't work suddenly. I have to unlock my car with a key and the engine cab be started perfectly. What is wrong with the remote control? How to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Simon Chan via CarKB.com

Battery in remote control dead?

Reply to
CaptainW116

New battery in your remote?

Reply to
Kenny Mims

Yes, I have changed new batteries in my remote.

Reply to
Simon C via CarKB.com

Did you drop the remote?

Reply to
CaptainW116

No

Reply to
Simon Chan via CarKB.com

It needs resynchronising. Do this as follows.

Get in the car. Briefly zap the receiver under the mirror twice with the remote control, then within thirty seconds turn the ignition switch to position two. That should sort it out.

DD

Reply to
Stratman

Thank you so much for your help, Stratman. My remote control works perfectly now after followed your instruction.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Simon Chan via CarKB.com

Help me again! My remote control fails again after one day works nicely. I've tried several times your resynchronising procedure, it still doesn't work. What is wrong? Please help!

Reply to
Simon Chan via CarKB.com