? About "vacuum" pwr. locks..

I have a '88 560 sel, it has door locks that you pull up on the front ones and a few seconds after the other door locks go up or down. I think it's called vacuum locks, do you know if those can work with a remote?? it just came with a set of keys. Thank you,

Y.D., Warren, Michigan

Reply to
yard gnome

I would think so, though I personally have not done so.

The vacuum elements > I have a '88 560 sel, it has door locks that you pull up on the front

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

Yes, any aftermarket alarm installer can install the alarm and hook up electrically. No need for door lock actuator as your model year is all wired up electrically in addition to vacuum pump.

Older model... 85 and older need the door lock actuator to work.

Reply to
Tiger

There are after market remote kits for w124 and w201. You just connect a few wires that go to the vacuum pump underneath the back seat. I installed two of them in my w124 and the GF's w201. They work well. I haven't seen any available for w126s but perhaps it's just a matter of figuring out the correct wires.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition