Any one know the towing capacity for a 1984 300D?

I have a hitch on the back that says it's limit is 3,500 lbs, but I need to know how much the car's towing limit is. I don't have the owners manual anymore, or I'd simply look there. My 300D is a turbo diesel in great shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Spencer Bruce

The towing capacity is 3,500 lb; above 2000 lb the trailer must have brakes. Tongue weight is an issue- 10% of 3,500 lb will have the rear sagging pretty badly unless you fit air shocks or use a load-compensating hitch.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to