bluetooth kit in c250

I have been told by the supplier my employer has commissioned to install a bluetooth kit that mercedes will not allow it (Sony Erricson kit). They say BMW is the same.

They say Mercedes says it will effect the electronics and they need to fit a hard wired nokia kit (one phone is a nokia 6310i) with a cradle. This is very inconvenient since i have two bluetooth phones and i saw bluetooth as the answer to "car kit independence". I'm fed up with being tied to a particular model of phone year after year because the car kit's to expensive to replace.

I called mercedes and they said there was no problem to their knowledge; they'd even be happy to fit a bluetooth car kit for me - no problem. she didn't know, but assumed it was genuine mercedes. does this make it "special" and able to work without interfering, so we all need to buy genuine merc bluetooth kits, or is my supplier simply wrong?

All help appreciated. Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul

I think it would be very nice if a bluetooth adapter could be added to the audio system in my wife's C230. The audio system is designed for an integrated cellphone but it seems to be for an exclusive MB phone.

Reply to
Donald Newcomb