buzzing coming from vicinity of rear axle of '82 380SL, HUH ?

Just as I drove into the garage last night, said buzzing commenced.

What device is near the rear axle of this car that would cause this ?

How much do they cost and how difficult is to replace/repair, please ?

Appreciatively,

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

Could be the electric fuel pump - it's back there somewhere.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Can it be repaired and is it worth it ?

Thank you,

Courtney

T.G. Lambach wrote:

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

Is a Bosch fuel pump worth $65 more than a Pierburg ?

Thanks aga> Could be the electric fuel pump - it's back there somewhere.

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

In addition to the new fuel pump, replace the fuel filter and the accumulator. They are all located in the same area as the fuel pump. Installation time estimate is 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.

Spend the extra money and purchase the Bosch pump.

Reply to
Benz450SL

Why? Which one came with the car new ? Somewhere i the back of my head I had a recollection of piermonts being better pumps. No?

Reply to
Richard Sexton