central gateway software update for the 2004 E500

Does anyone know what the central gateway software update for the 2004 E500 entails? Someone mentioned "A 1/2 hour with the SDS to update it". I don't quite understand.

Thanks - Claude (I am reposting because I did not see my original post from last night - I did see a reply though - strange)

Reply to
Claude

Simple, you take your car to your MB dealer. The service advisor writes up a repair order. Your car is taken into the service area. The tech connects an SDS machine to your car and does a software update to your central gateway. If all goes well, you leave about a 1/2 hour later. What part of this are you not understanding?

Reply to
Karl

Thank you for your reply. Will this update improve the pedal modulation characteristics of the sensotronic braking system? I am just curious as to which areas of the central gateway's domain this update will affect.

Reply to
Claude

No, it is a central gateway update. There IS also a SBC brake software update. Two different control units, two different updates, two different recalls. Do you also need the SBC flash?

Send me you vin number [use my email address] and I will tell you what recalls you need.

Reply to
Karl