Climate control problems

First my driver's side window regulator gives out. Then, just as 95 degree weather hits, my climate control has decided to quit...no fan, no switching between vents, nothing but hot air blowing out of the defroster and dash vents. The recirculate button doesn't switch on or off either. Fuses in fuse box are good.

Does anyone know how to dismantle the dash in order to look around at the control module? Are there any hidden fuses or connections anywhere else that affect this unit?

My car is a very straight '87 300SDL with 250K. Its a very strong runner, but these non mechanical issues are starting to get me down!

Reply to
Vincent

You need to change the yellow checkvalve located right on front of your fusebox... two on one side and 1 on the other side... make sure all vacuum line is tight.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

Of course you might black out from over heating....

Reply to
Martin Joseph

LOL ;)

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'll work on it this weekend.

vincent

Hi Vincent. We have a 89 420SEL we're parting out. Same chassis as (w126) as your diesel. Need parts?

Joanne

Reply to
Keyser Soze

Where are you located? Trunk? Bumper chromes?

Reply to
Tiger