no power to control panel

I just had the alternator replaced by a general mechanic (not a Volvo shop) on my 2000 S80 2.9 (non-Turbo) and the entire control panel below the stereo no longer has power. This is the panel with controls for the climate control, fan control, seat heaters, windshield defroster, rear defogger and all the way down to the button that makes the rear headrests come down, the "stc" button, the alarm & trunk key override button & the lights on the gear shift. However, there is still power to the lighter. When I noticed this and went back, he opened up everything that he had unhooked including the battery and we could not see any plugs which had been forgotten. All other systems work fine and there are NO error messages showing on the screen. It has to be a missed connection, does anyone have an idea for how to fix this or a wiring diagram for this set of controls so he can go back in and check all the connections?

Reply to
answerseeker

Maybe a blown fuse !

Reply to
troubleinstore

Checked your fuses?

An alternator replacement shouldn't involve any wiring work that would affect parts of the dash--should be a matter of one or two plugs on the alternator. As long as he disconnected the battery first, either all of it should work or none.

Now, if he forgot to disconnect the battery until he saw a spark off a connector from the alternator, it's possible he blew a fuse somewhere, possibly more than one.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Thank you Gary. I just went and checked every (regular) fuse in the car and in the process noticed that there were a couple of other items that are not working as well. Here is a complete list of things that have been affected, there's possibly a main fuse or relay that was blown but I wouldn't know which ones to check. If you know one or two that would affect all of these things, please let me know which one and where to look for it, thank you very much:

climate control, fan, seat heaters, front windshield defroster, rear defogger, rear headrest release, "stc", alarm & trunk key override, lights on the gear shift, sunroof, vanity lights & garage door opener.

I checked all the regular fuses for these items and they are all intact.

Reply to
answerseeker