Converting W126 to Diesel

Hi all,

I'd like to convert a W126 S class to diesel by putting in another engine. The obvious choice would be the OM 603 Turbo which was also used in the 300 SD sold in North America.

But that one isn't so fuel efficient so I have though about putting in one of these new CDI engines. Anyone done this so far? What are the main problems? What do to about the steering computer, is that one causing any trouble?

Regards, Gus

Reply to
Gus van der Velde

You might want to do the math first. Seems the cost would be rather expensive. For the cost of the conversion you could purchase A LOT of fuel. Also, seems like it would be cheaper to buy either a w126 that is already a diesel or to buy a 300SDL that was sold in the American and Canadian market and have it shipped to you, that to convert and go to all the trouble of doing it or having it done. Just a thought. Good Luck Either way!

Reply to
Glenflow55