Dallas/Fort Worth Mercedes Repair Shops

Hello,

Running into huge engine repair estimates on a 1995 MB S320. Issues with oxy sensors, engine leaks, wire harnesses, coils, etc.

Can anybody please comment on local repair shops in the DFW area that are lower cost than the dealers yet run a clean, honest, professional shop.

Thanks,

Gregg

Reply to
Rarotonga

I bought my 83 300SD from a gal in Dallas who had it serviced at Lover's Lane European Automotive 5111A W LLane. Since they serviced the car I asked them what they had done and their opinion of the condition. They were very up front and I'm not dissappointed because their opinions helped me close the deal. That was nearly 3 years ago, so I don't know if they're still around or as good. Check em out.

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Don?t know if a shop called Zims works on these cars, but if so, definitely worth a call-to. I have been looking for a porsche for a few months and they were one of the shops i contacted for a PPI. They were up front, honest, not-badly priced, and they seemed extremely knowledgeable. As i said, don?t know exactly what types of vehicles they specialize in, but it would be worth a try/call. Good luck.

Reply to
fastlanecutie

Try Rodney Herson Automotive. Very well respected. I have older MB's and have had NO LUCK with a good shop. I have a 77 6.9 and a 70 6.3 and I take them to my old wrench in Houston. The local MB club has a list of shops, but no qualifications are listed. I would like to use Rodney but he does not work on cars as old as mine.

I had Marshall Motors tell me my 6.9 had a rear main seal leak when it didn't. They also said it could be replaced by pulling the tranny, but in reality the motor must be pulled. I won't go to them again.

I took my 6.3 to Autoscope in Plano. They replaced all my air bags, but one of them leaks now and they did not notice the leaking air line. They are off my list as well.

More shops will probably be better with the newer cars.

Fred

Reply to
fred_emmerichnospam

I don't know, sloppy work is the same no matter how old a car is...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

True, but I meant that they will at least attempt to work on them....

Easy to plug in the computer.

Reply to
fred_emmerichnospam

Reply to