Repair Shop in Dallas/Ftworth area

It's time for me to take the "old gal" and get her fixed up. The major troubles are:

Need engine work Front left side leans wheel allignment Some body work

I've taken my car to a place in Mesquitte, TX and got totally ripped off, and very crappy work. (I'm sure those of you in the Metroplex know who I'm taking about) Who does a good job and won't charge me an arm & a leg? I'm heard of a place in Irving... VWfolks or something like that.... Would like to see if I can Find a place where they can do it all.

Thanks!!

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:53:43 GMT, Narley Dude® scribbled this interesting note:

That's VdubFolks in Irving. I've never had them work on anything, but I've bought a few parts from them from time to time. BTW, your's isn't the first tale of woe I've heard from people who've been unhappy with that shop over by the rodeo.

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Thanks John, Yep you got it... I will NEVER buy or set foot in THAT place again. BTW: I've seen them take parts off other people's cars waiting to be fixed..... Just to vent a bit.... Took my 72 Bug in to get the leaning front fixed, I knew that it had to be the springs in the torsion bar or the whole deal.... 600 bucks later... it's still leans on one side. My clutch went out... I didn't have time to change it... took it to them out of desperation, I pick it up... Engine is held in with only 2 bolts, all sheet metal screws are GONE, stuff was missing here and there.

Onto other subject, Do you know if Knight's will re-open?

Thanks,

David AKA: Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

John, There is a place I believe in Plano called "Kelly's" I can't find the # anywhere or an address. They are located almost near the turn pike. Would you know it by chance? They fix VW's and do body work too.

I called Knight's they have a recording referring to the purchase of the store. Joe Young is who it refers to and gives a phone #

Thanks

David

Reply to
Narley Dude®

That is in Arlington, I believe... it is the Bug Stop or something, but Kelly is the chief mechanic/brains behind it. It has been a year or so since I went there. They even sell POR-15!

Reply to
KWW

I've had dealings to VDubFolks in Irving. Ben & Kerry are the nicest guys, and I've never felt like I left a body part behind & not have anything to show for it. I would recommend them, but I think I'm the only one in this group that lives close to VDub--it's the only VW shop/parts place I go to. I can also tell you avoid a certain VW shop in Dallas on Hampton-Oh the stories from many moons ago before I discovered VDub.

tex

Reply to
texvw

Yep, I spoke to the guys at VDubfolks, I'm going to try to get my car to them tonight. He sounded really nice and courteous on the phone. I know that this is going to cost me some major $$$, but I rather get it done right the first time instead on some idiot jacking me around. I have a some body work that I need done too... nothing major, just a few battle scars..I wont have a whole lot to spend on it since I'd rather sink the most $$ in the engine and the car. Would you guy recommend someone that does a good job without charging me a small fortune?

Thanks

David >I've had dealings to VDubFolks in Irving. Ben & Kerry are the nicest

Reply to
Narley Dude®