Diesels "sounds" different, seems rougher - Low sulfur fuels?

I was going to post anyway, but seeing a couple of the low sulfur fuel threads got me thinking that it seems to have been accompanied with a different "sound" to the engine - more of a "chugging" sound than what I have been used to - the knocking sound of the explosion in the cylinders.

The car seems to be a tad rougher, but not much, and the pickup seems as good. Starting in cold weather perhaps a bit more difficult, but all in all no super big changes.

The change in sound I just noticed over the last couple of weeks, as I finally filled up with the new fuel.

Any similar experiences?

Thanks

tweaks

Reply to
tweaks

I heard you have to run diesel injector cleaner to fix this problem... will do this when I get my car back.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks - I'll try that tomorrow.

Reply to