E-320 1998

sunroof opens about 3/4 of the way and then the cables bind up any one have any idea what is wrong

thanks papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Probably the clip holding that cable to the sunrrof broke off... Pop that liner off and check it out.

Reply to
Tiger

How easy or hard is it to pop the liner off? Cant find any screws holding it on.

thanks papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Sunroof liner should be clips style... I have not looked closely but older MB has simply metal clips... about 5 I think in the front. Prod carefully with a trim removal tool...

Reply to
Tiger

With the sunroof open (or as open as it will go) pull down hard on the front edge of the sunroof headliner. There are four "snaps" that hold this in. Then from the top of the car slide the liner out...

Good luck, Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph