Roof Rack

My neighbor has a roof rack on his '70 Standard beetle that he wants to sell to me. It is a factory original that came with his '70 when he bought it new. It looks to be in perfect condition and he wants $125 for it. I have two questions. First, will it fit perfectly on my '72 and is it worth $125? I offered him $100 but he says he won't sell for a penny less than $125. I'd sure like to have it if it fits, but don't want to feel like I've paid too much. Does $125 sound like too much??? TIA. jm

Reply to
Jack

It will fit. If it has the lock to keep it from being easily stolen, and it's in good shape it sure is worth $125.

Reply to
jjs
125 is a good buy on an original piece............and like John said, if it has the lock it's worth ALL of the 125, and more.

Where are this thing located? if your not buyin'?????

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I will sell an all steel (galvanized) roof rack thats in great shape, haven't taken the time to figure out who made it, clamps no lock. email me if interested.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

.............This seller may be selling someone else's property. Do a kafertoys +stolen +"court judgement" google search of this ng before sending him your money.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Tim Rogers" snipped-for-privacy@stny.rr.com

Your just mad because I stole your heart.

I'm sorry timmy we were never meant to be.

LOL

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

..........I'm not mad at all. You've stolen a lot more from others than from me. I feel lucky in that regard.

....I'm just trying to prevent this ng from becoming a marketplace for stolen parts. Call it a public service.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I'm collecting your post and sending to my lawyer you better have your ducks in a row or you will find yourself on the loseing end of a slander suit. So I suggest you better get ready to waste money on your own lawyer.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

*YAWN* - another for the killfile.
Reply to
jjs

Sorry all this was not meant for the group it was just meant for Tim. I really do apoligize I will try to keep the Childish BS out of the group

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

...............Your continued attempts to use this newsgroup as a place for you to make money is the only reason that I continue trying to warn those who might not yet know about you. My attorney is Remy R. Perot, 19 Chenango St., Suite 1210, Binghamton, New York 13901-2917. telephone no.

607-772-8440. I haven't yet contacted him about you but if you prove to be serious about going to court, he will be provided with a retainer and will be the contact for your attorney on this matter.........if you actually have one. Make no mistake about this. I make a pretty good income and I'm not afraid to spend money to defend myself. And don't even think about trying to get me into court in North Carolina. You'll be needing to hire an attorney here in NY who is willing to waste his time and your money on this matter.
Reply to
Tim Rogers

OK, I only have *one* person in my killfile and y'all are making that useless when you respond to that one person... ;-)

On a lighter note, did someone say "roof rack?"

it really worked...

Shaggie

If Tim supplies a certain Court Judgement in Utah proving a certain THIEF from North Carolina does in fact steal, then his statements are completely true aren't they?

Methinks Tim has absolutely nothing to worry about. I'll even send him copies of the judgement, and I'll even fly in to testify, to shut this scumbag down.

Just tell me when and where Tim. I got your back on this one.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

...........Thanks John. If it comes to that, I'll buy your plane ticket and loan you my '77 bug while you're here. I've got a pretty good attorney who has handled some other legal problems for me in the past. One of his partners is a former prosecutor who got my oldest kid off the hook against Walmart in a misdemeanor theft case where they wanted a damages settlement. My kid tried to 'borrow' one of Walmart's shopping carts for some downhill racing with his buddies one night. The surveillance cameras got some real nice images of my Vanagon that night.......lol. One thing that I learned from that experience is that threatening letters from an out-of-state law office can be safely placed in the round file. Unless it's a felony criminal offense, everything has to be filed locally......no exceptions.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I will chip-in, too! A cause! Awright!

Reply to
jjs

I guess you weren't kidding about it being quiet around your place huh?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On 07 Nov 2004 03:52:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kafertoys) scribbled this interesting note:

How can something that was written be slander?

John Willis

It was until fifteen minutes ago when I was warming up the '58 so I could change the oil and spritz the cylinders for winter storage. Then the throttle cable broke. Dayaam! See, it's under the back porch roof, a long way from the workshop and I had to schlep the air compressor, jack, all that good stuff over, then crawl on the cold ground. :) Poooor me. But I done it.

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Ben Boyle

You took the words right out of my mouth. Whoops? Is that theft?

Reply to
jjs