E-320 4-Matic shifting question

From years of driving lesser cars I developed the habit of shifting in to Reverse from Drive without stopping. When I do it now there's a hard lurch. How much abuse can the E-320's tranny take? Sounds like it may be an expensive habit.

Thanks, James

Reply to
James O'Riley

You're learning.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Keep trying and let us know, I would like to know how much abuse it will take too! Keep that up though, and I guarantee you will find out that and how expensive it can be to fix an MB tranny.

Just to replace the shifter seal in my C230 cost nearly $300 a few years ago.

Davehd

"James O'Riley" lurch. How much abuse can the E-320's tranny take? Sounds like it may be

Reply to
Dave HD

Very expensive repair that you wished you traded it in the car the moment it acts "normal".

Reply to
Tiger

I know from when I purchased this 2002 E-320 and they tried to sell me extended service: $5,400. For the engine: $6,000+. I'm starting to think I should have taken it. ;-)

Reply to
James O'Riley