no glowplug light

Hi All,

Got an '82 300D.

Tonite, the glow plug light would not light up. The starter spun up normally but the engine would not start. I looked at the 80 amp flat bar "fuse" and it looks intact. It was too dark to disassemble and ohm it out, I'll do that first light tomorrow.

Besides checking the fuse, what's the best method to troubleshoot this problem?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Double check that 80 amp fuse before plunging into anything else.

Beru sells a retrofit GP relay if it comes to that.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

His 82 should already have the pin type glow plugs. #1 glow plug controls the light. If it goes out or more than 2 others go out, the light will not light up. Did the glow light flash at you after starting the engine previously? This is a tell-tale that you have a glow plug out, but not #1. If you did not have the flashing light, then #1 is probably out.

Reply to
Karl